Fall is the perfect time for Golden Milk. On these cool evenings, consider making this nourishing beverage as a relaxing (and delicious) night cap.
Golden Turmeric Milk
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp turmeric/honey paste (recipe below) *
- pinch of cardamom, optional
- pinch of cinnamon, optional
- tiny pinch of black pepper, optional
Heat almond milk & coconut oil in a small sauce pan until hot, but not boiling. Carefully add contents to the jar of a blender, along with turmeric paste. Blend for 1 minute. The coconut oil will emulsify into the hot liquid for an exquisite, creamy texture with a frothy top.
(P.S. the extra spices are quite wonderful. Use them if you have them!)
To make the Turmeric Paste:
Use this basic recipe, and multiply for larger batches.
- 1 tbsp raw, local honey (make sure it's the real deal, and support your local bee keepers)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
Stir well until completely combined. Keeps for months.
* If you don't want to make the paste, a good rule of thumb would be about 1-2 teaspoons of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder for each serving of Golden Turmeric Milk.