How it works:
- Real Food Ready is a bi-monthly delivery service of fresh-frozen meals designed for your slow cooker.
- If you're on the mailing list, you'll receive an email alerting you to the current meal plan. Otherwise, just check in on the website!
- You'll choose between 6 different main dish options, and can mix and match quantities as you like (minimum total order of 3 items)
- Orders are delivered every other week on Sundays.
- We do not require any subscriptions or commitments. Simply order whenever you want it!
About the food:
- Meals are made from scratch. From there, we vacuum seal and flash-freeze them. This process seals in flavor and freshness, so that every meal tastes perfectly home made.
- Each freezer bag contains an average of 4-6 servings.
- Meals should be considered a "Main Dish" - you will likely want to prepare a simple side salad, steamed veggies, or have a nice hearty, whole grain bread on hand. (we will provide you with serving suggestions)
- All animal proteins are sourced from local farms, and are pastured or free range.
- Veggies are sources locally whenever possible.
- Defrost your meal in the refrigerator before you want to cook it. For larger cuts of meat, or meals with a lot of ingredients, you will likely need at 24-48 hours in the refrigerator to defrost. (Note: vegetarian meals can be added to the slow cooker frozen, though you'll want to defrost them at least enough to break them up so they will fit)
- Once defrosted, place all contents of the bag into a slow cooker/crock pot. Follow instructions on entree bag for cook time and any additional steps. *
- Go to work, play, errands, wherever you're day will take you.
- Come home to a hot, delicious, healthy meal!
All of your meals will have serving suggestions on how to pair your entree with a simple side. In general, it's a good idea to plan for fresh or steamed vegetables, a side salad, or a hearty whole grain. This can be as simple as picking up a bunch of asparagus or some pre-washed salad greens when you're at the grocery store.
*If you'll be away from the slow cooker for longer than the allotted cook time, be sure you use a machine that will automatically switch to a food safe "warm" setting.